After all that buzz created by the KL Freeze @ Pavilion the other day, Hitz.FM requested that another freeze be organized in conjunction with World Earth Day so here are the details:
Venue : Sunway Pyramid
Time : 8.00pm or 2000 hours
Date : 20th April 2008 (Sunday)
And here’s a (because some might say that its useless and waste of time) REALLY GOOD REASON to do it:
The average person globally uses 2255 Watts of power, or a little less than 23 x100 Watt light bulbs (www.wattzon.org). Thats wasting a lot of power. Now imagine that we freeze the daily activities of as many people as possible for only 5 minutes, then we’ll be saving a lot of power.
If you’re at home and can’t join us at Sunway Pyramid, no problem. Just switch of all your power at home and FREEZE, in total darkness for 5 minutes.
If you’d like to know more about conserving energy log onto www.wattzon.org
That’s where we got educated.
So for those who missed it on the 13th, this is how you do it.
- Go and synchronize your clocks on RandomAlphabets.com to make sure everyone freezes at the right time.
- Be at Sunway Pyramid well before 8pm. Go about minding your own business. Most people would be congregated at the concourse or designated main area so spread yourselves out for maximum impact.
- Sharp at 8pm – FREEZE!!! (Be creative with your poses, you’ll be viewing them on Youtube for ages to come)
- When it’s time to UN-FREEZE, if you feel like cheering for a Freeze well done by all means go ahead. If you feel like walking away casually as if time did stand still for 5 minutes and consequently puzzle the guy who was staring at you, go ahead. As YOU please.
- Mingle. Enjoy the rest of your evening. (As earth friendly as possible)