Happy Chinese New Year
happy chinese new year to all my readers.
here’s something interesting to read
28 ways to know you are Chinese
1.You unwrap gifts very carefully,so you can save and reuse the wrapping. (and especially those bows).
2.When there is a sale on toilet paper,you buy 100 rolls and store them in your closet or in the bedroom of an adult child who has moved out.
3.You keep a Thermos of hot water available at all times.
4.You save grocery bags,tin foil and tin containers.You use the grocery bags to hold garbage.
5.You hate to waste food:
(a) Even if you’re totally full, if someone says they’re going to throw away the leftovers on the table, you’ll finish them.(your mom will give a lecture about starving kids in Africa).
(b) You have Tupperwares in your fridge with three bites of rice or one leftover chicken wing.
6. you don’t own any real Tupperware – only a cupboard full of used but carefully rinsed margarine tubs, take out containers and jam jars.
7. You have a collection of miniature shampoo bottles that you take every time you stay in a hotel.
8.You wipe your plate and utensils or wash them in a small basin of hot water before you eat every time you go to a restaurant.
9.You own a rice cooker and slow cooker.
10. You wash your rice at least 2-3 times before cooking it.
11. You fight(literally) over who pays the dinner bill.
12. You have a teacup with a cover on it.
13. If you’re under age 20, you own a really expensive mp3 player/handphone, if you’re over 20,you own a really expensive camera/laptop/DSLR.
14. You’re a wok user.
15. You only make long distance call after 7pm.
16. You prefer your shrimp with the heads and legs still attached – it means they’re fresh.
17. You never call your parents just to say hi.
18. If you don’t live at home and when your parents call, they’ll ask if you’ve eaten, even if it’s midnight.
19. Your parents tell you to boil herbs and stay indoor when you get sick. They also tell you not to eat fried foods or baked goods because they’re heaty (yeet hay in Cantonese)
20. You email your Chinese friends at work, even though you only sit less than 10 feet apart.
21. You always cook too much.
22. You eat every last grain of rice in your bowl, but don’t eat the last piece of food on the table.
23. You starved yourself before going to all you can eat buffet.
24. You know someone who can get you a good deal on jewelery or electronics or computers.
25. You own your own meat cleaver and sharpen it.
26. Your toothpaste tubes are all squeezed paper-thin.
27. You know why this list consists of only “28” reasons.
28. You can take this message and forward it to all your Chinese friends.
So, if you are a Chinese, keep it up guys, coz not everybody can be a Chinese!!
I cleaned up the house today, kinda tiring. Will be goin to tanjung malim tomorrow to celebrate CNY with my mom’s relatives- you know, the tradition of eating together the night before CNY (and suffering through the “wah-you-so-big-oredi” comments). Then on the first day im having a small makan2 (i wouldnt really call it an open house coz im not inviting lots of people) with about 30 people or so :P
enjoy the long weekend people!
Happy Chinese New Year Coco
Happy Chinese New Year, Gong Xi Fa Cai
haiii baby…gong xi..gong xi…nak ampau leh :p