Tech Tuesday : So many blogs, so little time
Ever felt like it was soo tedious to open so many windows to check all your favourite blogs hoping that they will have an update? Here’s a really easy step-by-step tutorial to use an RSS reader like Bloglines. Click to see bigger photos
1. Go to www.bloglines.com and click Register.
2. Enter in your email address (I used Pammy‘s), password, timezone and Language. Then click [Register]
3. After registering, you will be shown this page below. You can also check your email to verify your email address later. As for now, click on the Add link on the left column.
4. Then add in the URL of the blog/news site you want to subscribe from. In this case I put in this blog http://me.zestful.org and click [Subscribe].
5. Select one of the feeds then choose the folder (category) you want to put the feeds in. Here we click New Folder…
6. Which then gives a pop up for us to put in a Folder name, in this case i typed in Bloggers, but you can put anything, Friends, Reads, ect ect. Then click [OK] and then [Subscribe].
7. This is how it will look like after adding a few feeds. As you can see, i put in 2 more categories, Friends and News – where I added feeds from Star online Business, Nation, Opinion and World.
The great thing about using an RSS reader is that you dont have to visit every blog or website to check if there are new updates. It just shows all the new updates in your Bloglines.
I hope this tutorial helped you lots :D
Im starting this new section called Tech Tuesday :D which will feature something about computers every 2 weeks on Tuesdays. How’s that? :D
just have to filter out some…
I recently wrote a simple step-by-step guide to RSS too, just wanted to share with you :)
me are google-fanaticalisticious-Fan … so, google Reader is for me…
Googel rawks! :)
ps:You got broken code sistah. try to search for open hyperlink code at the top (header) in index.php . It should be there.
hmm there’s many similar thingie outthere.. but guess wat.. i neva tried one of them.. maybe i’ll try Bloglines because of icednyior huhuhu
maybe i will give it a try someday. so far i used google reader
just have to add the blogs you like :)
thats a great guide! thanks for visiting
mana broken code I? I dah cek tapi takde :(
you’ll do it for me? :D how nice
i forgot to add something. The reason why i prefer bloglines over google reader is that you can download a notifier either to your desktop OR to firefox which pops up if there are new entries.
never try a thing in the net…. i use to make watch and look step by step learning :P
i use netvibes. with recent introduction of mobile version, i love netvibes even more…
i’m on google. one account to rule them all :)
babe…this particular post was especially composed for me ka nie? i’m yet to explore bloglines! haha.
(oh. for the record…i do NOT think the world revolves around me!)
Thank you for sharing!