Tweet up – A meetup of people who use Twitter, also called Tweeters or Twitter-ers
Twestival - Event or festival organized under short timescales & 100% run by volunteers, for fundraising/charity.
Pic by @reubenhot
In this case, Twestival KL was run by a small organizing committee comprising of @Ling_chan @davidlian @Suanie @radianceleong @nigelais @Eevon @nikicheong and all proceeds were to be given to Destiny Starting Point, a home for delinquent youths in Klang to turn their life around.
I reached Mist Club Bangsar at around 7.10-7.15pm since it wasn’t very jammed, surprisingly. Got awesome parking in the front. Hehe! Walked in and saw the 1901 Hotdogs booth and some cupcakes frm Cupcake Chic. Was too stuffed to eat tho.
Pic frm @ramesstudios
Bumped into @cheechingy (who came with @spinzer who was busy running around taking pics, I think?) inside. What I first noticed was the cups of beer at the bar. Best part, it was free flow! Yay! *ran to bar instantly*
Will Quah was the emcee of the night and Elaine Daly also shared the stage for a bit. There was a lucky draw – the biggest prize being a lenovo computer and airasia tickets. There was also an auction of various merchandise. Twilight Action Girl (TAG) was on the decks.
Pic from @bryanlyt
In between cups of Tiger Beer, New Zealand Naturals Ice cream and 1901 Hotdogs, I managed to mingle around, exchange business cards and meet up with old and new friends. Click on their names to go to their blogs, I’m sure u can figure out the twitter links yourselves :P – @kruel74, @flyguy729, @JonYKT, @friedbeef, @vigneshraja, @veen1828, @Ling_Chan, @suanie, @royalshortness, @nikicheong, @aprilyim, @mikefoong, @peterpek, @demonick, @blogjunkie, @howard_u, @dustyhawk and a few more (leave a msg if i missed u out :D)
It was so awesome that we raised a total of RM10,000 for Destiny Starting Point + 2 Desktop PCs & 1 yr broadband sponsored by Digi. I didn’t realize there were so many tweeple in KL and so many people with Pokens – or Pokenauts as Will called them. Hehe!
All in all, great event! Click HERE for more tweets (+links & photos) on #twestivalKL
My Tweets that night :
- RT @eyerizzz: wah the Twitterwall at #twestivalkl damn big. Ya have to squint to read it. #
- Starting the luckydraw at #twestivalkl with pokens frm @pokenasia and @starbucks #
- RT @StarbucksMY: Baristas serve you coffee, Bearistas are our stuffed bears #
- Happy to just drink beer while waiting 4 the lucky draw. Am holding @kruel74′s tix at well. #
- Jealous!! RT @meing: I WON A YEAR’S SUPPLY OF NEW ZEALAND ICE CREAM. #twestivalkl #
- Charity auction at #twestivalkl – now moleskins. #
- Hving nz icecream at #twestivalkl. Its finishing #
- Why didnt the dancers dance on stage? Cannot see. Fail lah. #twestivalkl #
- Sitting with @peterpek at #twestivalkl
- Waiting for the lenovo and aisasia lucky draw at #twestivalkl #
- 1 chick just went up on stage thinking she won the grand prize. But wrong number chica #
- Twilight action girl on d decks at #twestivalkl. Awesome! #
- Leaving #twestivalkl. Great event tho minor glitches. Still,i had a good time #
Oh yes, the Goodie Bag! I have this quirk where I feel really excited every time I get a goodie bag. LOL!
# Crocs – Bag, smallsunshade, clapper balloon & keychain of miniature shoe (so cute!)
# Justea Green Tea + Lemon
# Little Trees – “Victory Lane” scent
# Digi – Lanyard (i got 2 but gave 1 to someone else) & Pen
# A1 Team – Cap & Bangle
# Starbucks Voucher for free drink
# Boost Juice Voucher for Buy 1 get 2nd at RM1
# GSC Cinemas Ticket for 2
# New Zealand Naturals Voucher for Buy 1 Large free 1 Regular
# Brochures from Cupcake Chic, Digi and The Little Trinket Company