2005 : The past, the memories
I was hanging out with a couple of frens at a fren’s hse on new year’s eve and we had a great time talking and laughing about nasi lemak bungkus, the God complex and
gambir Sarawak so many other things.
Anyway, one question that popped up was “what have you achieved in 2005 (besides work/studies)?” After i went back, i was thinking about how so many things has happened to me in the past year that made a significant change in my life.
So what have i actually achieved?
- A greater sense of maturity – mixing with
oldermore matured people made me more aware of the complexity of life and learn from other ppl’s experiences
- More understanding of the opposite sex – This year I have been dabbling a lot in relationships (mostly with negative results) and my verdict : Its too complicated for me to take interest in it.
- Freedom – In late 2005, my parents finally
gave up on metrust me enough for me to make my own decisions. They have given me alot of freedom, of which I am very grateful.
- A larger group of friends – I’ve learnt to change my mindset about people, prejudices and stereotypes by getting to know more types people that I usually would.
- The drive to do my best – Listening to people’s stories make me want to strive to do the best even if it seems impossible at this moment. I want to be successfull, not someone who will look down the road in 40 yrs time and say “Damn! why didnt I do better when I was younger?”
- Better Attitude – I’ve learnt to adopt a don’t-care attitude, especially when it comes to ‘what people think’. I realized that you cant change people’s mindset
esp if they are some old, overly sensitive, mcm baik sgt makciksso just do your own thing and time will decide who is right.
It probably doesnt look like a lot of achievements to most people but everything mentioned is a big deal in my point of view. To some it might seem silly, nonsense or (God forbid!) insulting.
Come to think of it, 2005 has been an interesting year, full of funny incidents and anecdotes, but dotted with a few low points. Here’s a short summary:
Clubbin 5 nites a row in KK | Hooked up with 1st bf | Getting to know CS group | Getting involved in Yahoo! Chat | Seriously into Blogs & RBJ | Regularly clubbing | Regularly drinking | Breezing thru studies | Had a stalker | Fofular in KL1,KL2, Msia1 | Meeting chatters | Dating chatters | Took a break from clubbing | Attended gatherings | Involved in blogwar | Started my degree | Made lots of meaningful friendships | Breaking up | Made a vow not to date chatters | Broke a few friendships | Stopped chatting | Moved house | Learnt mamak-ing till dawn | Learnt to survive without internet | Re-read every fiction i own | Bought tons of new books | Bogged down with assignments | Made Starbucks my 2nd home | Started Clubbing again | Met 2nd bf | Went out almost every nite with the guys | Drinking more | Stuck to a close circle of friends | Breaking up | Got good results | Holiday with Family
Something I came across while digging old chat logs:
P: u are okay .. bubly …. straight open
P: hmmmm cool
P: patience .. somehow pening tenngok reactions orang lain .. apsal laa this world is somehow weird ..
P: apsal laa orang cannot be this and that
P: knowledgeable …. experience … able to fit in the crowd …
P: bab yang tak baik ..
P: time management .. selalu kantoi
U’ll be glad to know that one of my
many resolutions is to improve on my time management :P
itu blogs byk bagus… hey dont forget to charge rm12 per page. do create your own invoice for the translation. it looks cheap but if we can use u continuous its going to be more. can you do simultaneous translation like ppl talk you translate immediately to the kwai low?? it gives you 150 persession of at abt 2 hours???? can?
ahaks.. sabo jeler..