Coconutice on Google
Lol! I googled my nick and found a link to my blog (it’s the 2nd link listed) and the rest are mostly recipes. So decided to post up some of the recipes. The first link was a drink recipe for Coconut Icicle, and the next two are some dessert thingy. The other recipes online are variations of the ones im posting here.
And If i do get around to making some, i’ll post up pics :) ehhe…
Ingredients : Water from 2 large coconuts, Crushed ice, 1 ginger ale (cold), 4 dashes of Angostura aromatic bitters
Method : Pour coconut water into a jug, add Angostura bitters and crushed ice.
Half fill glasses, then fill with cold ginger ale.
Serve 4 people.
2 cups whole milk
3 cups shredded coconut, fresh or packaged
1 cup sugar
pinch cream of tartar
1 egg yolk, beaten
a few drops almond extract
1. In a small saucepan, scald milk. Place 2 cups coconut in a sieve. Pour hot milk over coconut while holding sieve over large bowl to catch liquid. Use the back of a spoon to squeeze all of the milk out of the coconut.
2. In a large saucepan, combine coconut milk, sugar, and cream of tartar. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar has dissolved.
3. Remove pan from heat and add beaten egg yolk. Beat well with a spoon. Stir in remaining coconut and add 2 or 3 drops almond extract. Taste and add more extract if desired.
4. Pour into 2 pie pans or pyrex dish. Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer. 5. Remove coconut ice from freezer after 4 hours and break apart with a fork. Serve immediately.
Cooking time: 35 min
Coconut Ice II
340g desiccated coconut
340g icing sugar
400g tin of condensed milk
Optional food colouring
1. Place the condensed milk into a bowl and add the icing sugar. Beat well then mix in the desiccated coconut. The mixture will get firm and difficult to stir but persevere until everything is all combined.
2. Divide the mixture into two (add optional food colourings to each) and spread into an 8inch square tin giving two coloured layers and allow to set overnight (time for a wee dram!)
3. Cut into small cubes and spread on a sheet of greaseproof paper to dry slightly.
4. Enjoy and remember to share with the wee bairns!
Add edible colourings for a festive/seasonal variety – black and orange at Halloween, blue and white on St.Andrew’s Day, or red and pink at Valentine’s.
Amazing weight loss stories here,
And here you can buy Anatrim
I’ve always had trouble with my weight ever since I was young. Of course I tried all the “best” fat loss products, nothing helped very much. It wasn’t til I tried Anatrim that I saw the pounds seriously start to melt away! Nothing helped me lose weight faster. I literally saw 15 pounds melt away within the first few weeks! There’s nothing more exciting than watching pounds disappear, especially when you’ve tried all sorts of different methods and products before. I’ve since read up on Anatrim and am amazed at the number of people who have benefited from its amazing results. I’m halfway to my goal, Anatrim will get me the rest of the way ;)