Yay! Its that time of the year again! Arthur’s Day is upon us!
If you have not heard of Arthur’s Day, seriously, where have you been? Arthur’s Day started off in 2009 as a music event to celebrate 250th anniversary of the Guinness brewing company. The Arthur’s Day celebrations will begin in Dublin, Ireland at exactly 17:59 on 22 September 2011. The concert in Kuala Lumpur will close the 24 hour global Arthur’s Day celebration worldwide. More than 15,000 people are expected to attend the concert this year.
In 2009, we had Black Eyed Peas came to perform and that party was controversial (due to Muslims being forbidden to attend). Last year in 2010, we had international and local acts like Timbaland Sean Kingston, Flo Rida, Colby O Donis, Pop Shuvit, Thaitanium, Mizz Nina & DJ Fuzz.
This year, be entertained by the “Dynamite” who might “Break Your Heart” – TAIO CRUZ!
Along with Local acts – Mizz Nina, SonaOne, Joe Flizzow, Take-T, Dandee, Soler & DJ Skeletor – Taio Cruz will “take you higher” on 23 September 2011 at Speed City KL @ Selangor Turf Club. Party starts at 7pm onwards and the dress code is Black Party Chic!
Last year, you had to pay something like RM98 to RM350 to get to party! This year, tickets are COMPLETELY FREE! The only catch is, you would have to look for those exclusive invites!
There are FOUR ways to get your hands on those tickets…
Option 1: Guinness Malaysia Facebook Page
- Like “Guinness Malaysia” on Facebook. Heck follow them on Twitter too @GuinnessMY
- Check out their Wall posts for ways on how to win it. It could be answering a question, or emailing a photo.
- Better yet, email them email@example.com and you will be sent instructions! (say you got to know about it from me la :P)
Option 2 : Radio Stations
- Starting 12 – 21 September 2011, fans can win exclusive invites to the Arthur’s Day concert featuring Taio Cruz from the following stations.
- Hitz.FM, MixFM, MY FM and THR Raaga will run On-air and online Contests throughout this period for fans to get their hands on these money-cant-buy invites! So tune in and log on to win invites for you and your friends to the EPIC celebration of the year!
Option 3 : Rock Corner and Speedy Video
- Purchase Taio Cruz’s album at the following outlets and get 2 exclusive invites to the Arthur’s Day concert 2011! Promotion starts from 15 September till 23 September 2011.
- Participating outlets :Rock Corner: 1 Utama, Suria KLCC, Mid Valley Megamall, Subang Parade, The Curve, The Gardens Mall, Bangsar Village, Ampang PointSpeedy: Mid Valley, Pavilion, Movie Magic – Bandar Utama, Sunway Pyramid, Bangsar Village
(thx TianChad for the tips!)
Option 4: arTHURSDAY Events!
Every Thurs is arTHURSDAY and Guinness has events to celebrate the man who gave us the iconic black brew. Not only do you get happy hour rates all night long, you can also win Guinness premiums and those exclusive invites to the Arthur’s Day celebration! So, head on down to your nearest one this Thursday!
- 15 Sept – Backyard Pub, Hartamas AND Delaney’s Irish Pub, Federal Hotel KL
- 22 Sept – Sids Pub, Taman Tun Dr Ismail
See you guys there!!
*This is NOT a sponsored post.Tho I won’t mind getting paid in Guinness for promoting this.
Ya hear me Guinness Malaysia? LOL*