When Valentine’s Day approaches, most guys start to worry. Not only is everything extravagantly overpriced but there’s also the question of what to give. Most of the time they just resort to the usual chocolates and flowers. Its nice, but here’s some additional ideas:
1. Avoid normal and boring presents. Oh you know, the things that you wouldn’t want to receive from anyone. Stuff like photo frames and mugs.
2. Give something handmade. It can be anything – a card, a small trinket or even handmade paper flowers (like someone mentioned in one of my previous posts). It doesn’t have to be perfect, its the effort that counts!
3. Give something personal. Something that is in his/her interest. If she likes tennis, buy something related to that – like a racket. If she likes cooking, buy her that newest cookbook by Nigella. If she likes computers, buy her a new one or at least upgrade her current one. Be creative!
4. Give her something she’s been eyeing. This one is really sweet because it shows that you really know her. Simple example: Some time ago, she tried on a dress/picks up a handbag and really likes it but puts it back from the shelf. For Vday buy it and give it to her.
5. Last resort : Get gift cards. If you really have no idea what to buy, but you know where she loves to shop, then get gift cards/certificates. Its the easiest way because then she can get exactly what she wants and you don’t have to worry about whether she’ll like your gift. Stores like Parkson, Metrojaya and Jusco all have gift certs for the shopaholic. And for the bookworm, Borders have gift cards.
Basically, every girls loves getting flowers but it doesn’t hurt to go the extra mile and make the extra effort to get something special. For me personally, I like to get perfumes (but only the ones that I have tried and liked) because then whenever I used that scent, I’ll remember him. Plus they last long.