Thanks to Tocky and the good people at Worthy Media, I was given a copy of this book
WHAT IS IT?
Worthy Book is a revolutionary KL consumer lifestyle mini directory guide for Dining, Entertainment, Retail and Services. Selling at only RM 35 per copy, Worthy Book offers more than RM18,000 worth of special discounts, free samplings and attractive values to over 100 top brands in Malaysia for you family, friends and loved ones!
In addition, Worthy Book believes in giving back to the society, so you will be pleased to know that RM 2 from each copy of the Worthy Book sold will be donated to the National Kidney Foundation (NKF), Malaysia.
I must admit that I was a bit skeptical on how “Worthy” this book really was. But when I looked at their site and saw that most of the brands were places that I actually did go to (or at least am planning to go), I thought that it could be a pretty good deal after all.
ALL ABOUT THE VOUCHERS
The book is separated to four main sections:
- This is actually the thickest section with different types of cuisine and shops ranging from:
Chinese – Purple Cane Tea Restaurant
Japanese – Sakae Sushi, Ichiban Boshi
Snacks – Boost Juice, Krispy Kreme, Lecka Lecka
Thai – Flying Chillis, Good Evening Bangkok
Western – Tony Roma’s, Papa John’s
Vienamese – Du Viet & La Viet
The promotions range from things like
- Enjoy 20% F&B Purchase (Gloria Jeans)
- Buy 1 Original Size Smoothie or Crush and get your second one for only RM1 (Boost Juice)
- 50% Lunch Discount on Pastas and Pizzas (Modestos)
Here’s where you party people can get some discounts on Premium bottles in clubs, or where you can get discounts in golf clubs
Some same promotions:
- 10% on All Premium Bottles (clubs)
- Enjoy 10% discount on holiday packages for Berjaya Langkawi Resort and Berjaya Tioman Resort
- 15% off at Luna Bar
- RM 9 for 100 Balls (Bukit Jalil Golf and Country Club)
All the shopaholics can rejoice! Enjoy discounts on major brands! Some sample promotions:
- RM 50 Cash voucher (Magic Boo)
- Enjoy 5% Discount of Puchases for Photobook (Fotokem)
- 30% Discount on all Tops (Baleno)
Get discounts at spas, hotels and even travel agencies! Sample promotions :
- RM30 off on 1 hour foot and 1 hour Tui Na Therapeutic Massage (Reborn)
- RM320 nett for 2D/1N in Superior Suite (Pacific Regency Hotel Suites)
- OPI Gel Lacquer 20% off (L Amore Nail Expert Salon)
Seriously, if I were to list it all, its wayy too much!
I had dinner at Du Viet the other night. Worthy Book had a voucher for 10% off the bill. Upon paying, we showed the voucher and at first the lady was confused as it was also applicable for La Lot.
She gave it back but we insisted so she made some calls and then accepted the voucher. So we got 10% off which covered almost 1/3 the cost of the book.
I assume its because they are new, some of the outlets are not too sure that its possible to use it. But don’t worry, just insist and I’m sure its possible.
Did I mention that the vouchers mostly expire on 31 July 2011? Granted there are some vouchers that expire monthly but most have another whole YEAR to finish up.
I actually find myself putting this book in my handbag almost every time I’m out because you never know if you might be going to that place in the book.
In fact, I think I’ll bring Boost Juice vouchers to KLCC tomorrow :D